ClockTower Editing provides copy editing and proofreading services.
I work with the author to retain their author voice throughout their manuscript.
Copy editing (Standard) - $0.003 per word
Copy editing (Hard edit) - $0.005 per word
Proofreading - £0.002 per word
I am willing to provide you with a sample of my work free of charge. You will need to send me a 2000-word sample of your book to email@example.com, which will give me a chance to get to know your style and for you to see how I work with your content. If we are both happy with the result, you can book your place with me. Please contact me before sending your sample.
- My turnaround time will vary dependent on the length of the work provided by the client. Please contact me for further information.
- My diary will be filled on a first come, first served basis.
- If for any reason I believe I will not make the deadline I have agreed to, I will contact you immediately to discuss our options.
- I would require a Microsoft Word document of your manuscript. I will comment using Track Changes.
- Copy Editing will include incorrect use of regional English, incorrect number usage, incorrect grammar, suggestions for word usage, continuity errors, spelling and punctuation errors and flow of the story.
- Proofreading will include grammar, spelling and punctuation errors; inconsistencies in capitalisations or word usage; what works well and what doesn’t; point of view inconsistencies and unclear transitions.
- This inclusion list is not exhaustive. I will comment on anything I think may be of use to you, some of which may not be within the same service level.
- Payment should be made via PayPal. Clients will receive an invoice on the day the final edits are completed.
- All your details will be kept confidential unless you agree otherwise. I will ask if you would be willing to be identified as a past or current client and if you would write a review about my services. You are welcome to decline; it will not affect our working relationship.
- Your manuscripts are always solely your own.
- Your personal information will be stored only for accounting purposes, for example, to prepare invoices and quotes and to identify manuscript owners.